The National Child Research Center (NCRC) seeks a Summer Camp Teacher for a six week program in summer of 2023. The primary responsibilities of the Summer Camp Teacher are:
- Teaching young children while being engaging and fun!
- Working with and supporting children with special needs in an inclusive environment.
- Providing arrival and dismissal support.
- Planning, writing, and posting curriculum every week.
- Organizing a variety of materials for instruction: books, dramatic play, song, & activities.
- Working as a member of a teaching team for instruction, communication, & interaction.
- Adhering to all health and safety protocols.
- Returning classroom, playground, and general supplies to their correct locations after use.
- Maintaining a clean and organized classroom
- Returning all items on the last day of the program.
- Other duties that are deemed to be necessary and proper for the orderly administration of the Summer Program
Located in the historic district of Cleveland Park in Washington DC, NCRC’s highly trained faculty is committed to creating a preschool environment that nurtures the whole child while celebrating their uniqueness in a warm, supportive environment. Committed to the inclusion of children with special needs and typically developing children, NCRC provides small classes and an enriched learning environment within a collaborative, committed, and dynamic professional learning community. NCRC actively supports and encourages diversity among the staff and families that we serve.
Qualified candidates will be committed to inclusive education and have an interest in early childhood education and/or a related field. Bachelor’s degree preferred, along with formal training in early childhood education and/or related fields. Competitive salaries.
Interested candidates should submit the NCRC Application for Employment, a letter of interest, resume, references, and educational philosophy to Patrick Douville at email@example.com. Please list the Position Title in the subject line of your email.
About National Child Research Center
National Child Research Center (NCRC), is a co-ed independent preschool located in the historic district of Cleveland Park in Washington, DC. Founded in 1928, NCRC is the oldest continuously operating preschool in the District of Columbia, serving children aged 2 through 5. NCRC’s highly skilled faculty uses research-based best practices to lead children in a play-based, emergent curriculum, creating a uniquely enriching and nurturing environment for young children and their families.
National Child Research Center nurtures the whole child - socially, emotionally, and intellectually - toward a lifelong love of learning. Informed by current research and continuing education, NCRC’s exceptional faculty guide each student’s unique development through a play-based, child-centered curriculum in a diverse, family-focused community, with a commitment to the inclusion of children who benefit from additional supports and adaptations.
NCRC is accredited by AIMS, and is a member of AISGW, AIMS, NAIS, NAEYC.