Prekindergarten Program (Ages 4-5)
The prekindergarten student continues learning about the world through a wider and wider lens.
The prekindergarten program supports children as they dive deeper into their curiosity and further expand their focus and problem-solving skills. Through their play, children develop emergent literacy (pre-reading and pre-writing skills) as well as math and science concepts. As children prepare for ongoing schools, an increase in routines with self-care as well as cooperative play skills are fostered in the classroom.
Source: Susan Stacey, Emergent Curriculum in Early Childhood
Skill Set & Development Focus
- Play and work with other children
- Develop independence with routines and their self-care
- Through their play, develop emergent literacy (pre-reading and pre-writing skills) and develop math and science concepts
- “Dive deeper” into their curiosity and further develop their focus and problem-solving skills.
- Full-Day Program: 8:30 am–3:00pm
- Later Gators Extended Day Program: 3:00 pm–5:00 pm
All programs participate in the following weekly specials:
- Music led by Levine School of Music
- Mi Casa Spanish exposure program
- Motor, self-regulation program